Kvinna till Kvinna is looking for a Regional Advocacy Officer. Deadline for application: 27 May 2018.
Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organisation that has been working since 1993 to support women’s organisation in conflict-affected areas. Today, we are about 110 employees divided into 14 offices. We support about 100 organisations in the Western Balkans, in Africa, South Caucasus, Middle East and Ukraine.
The Regional Advocacy Officer (RAO) is a part of the Kvinna till Kvinna regional team, based in Amman. The main task for the RAO is to support Kvinna till Kvinna’s partner organisations in their development of advocacy strategies aiming in legal reform and implementation in matters concerning gender based violence, political participation and women, peace and security agenda at multiple level. The position is regional with a more specific focus to support North Africa, Jordan and Iraq, but the RAO will coordinate with advocacy officers and focal points in Jerusalem and Beirut and join global coordination with other advocacy staff. She will liaise and collaborate with relevant stakeholders for the MENA region, both local and international.
As Regional Advocacy Officer you are responsible to:
- Coach and support Kvinna till Kvinna’s partner organisations and coalitions in their strategic advocacy efforts by identify needs for support and advice; develop and provide training; follow up and monitor the implementation of interventions;
- Contribute to Kvinna till Kvinna communication, digital campaigns, public and press statements;
- Assist in organising MENA and cross-regional advocacy exchange, study visits and seminars;
- Support and lead the advocacy work in the region, including developing national advocacy plan, contributing to the implementation of regional advocacy strategy;
- Be part of Kvinna till Kvinna’s global advocacy efforts and participate in regular coordination, consultation and strategic planning meetings between the communication department in Stockholm with national and regional advocacy officers;
- Support fundraising opportunities within the region;
- Represent Kvinna till Kvinna in advocacy forums and coordinate with other INGOs and diplomatic missions when relevant.
- University degree in media and communication and public relations studies, journalism, marketing, or other related field or equivalent in professional experience preferably with a minor in human rights and/or gender studies;
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience in strategic mobilisation and advocacy; planning and implementation of campaigns in the women, peace and security agenda, women’s rights and gender equality;
- Experience from women’s rights activism, or interest in women’s rights and gender equality issues and commitment to human rights;
- Experience of providing capacity – and methods development in strategic advocacy and communication;
- Good understanding of women’s rights and the application of a rights-based approach in development cooperation and humanitarian work;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English. Knowledge in French and Kurdish an asset;
- Good knowledge of national, regional and global organisations, who are focusing on women, peace and security, political participation, and gender based violence in their advocacy work.
- Experience to produce communication material and use social media and digital platforms;
- Experience from working in international environment;
- Experience working on projects funded by international or regional donors;
- Readiness to provide support concerning various tasks in a small office;
- Driving license.
Terms and conditions of employment
The position as Regional Advocacy Officer is a full-time position, with 3 months initial probation period. Start of employment as soon as possible. The Regional Advocacy Officer is based in our Amman Office. The person applying for this position must be able to travel within the region and internationally 4-6 times a year.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women, legal and/or self-identified, applicants will be considered. Otherwise we strive for diversity.
Please send your application no later than 27 May 2018 to email@example.com. Please write Regional Advocacy Officer Amman in the subject line.
Your application shall include a letter of motivation and CV, in English, in the same file. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- Why do you find the position interesting?
- In what way would you make use of your previous work experiences and knowledge?
We will process all applications after the application deadline has expired.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Linda Säll, Regional Manager MENA, Linda.Sall@kvinnatillkvinna.se.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Acting Head of HR Mirjam Warne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 8 588 891 76.