Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to recruit a Programme Officer (with country specific and regional tasks) based in Tunis.
Kvinna till Kvinna provides support to women rights organisations and women human rights defenders. Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the MENA region since 2001 with a regional office in Amman, Jordan, and country offices in Palestine, Lebanon and Iraq and currently supports some 50 women’s rights organizations in the MENA region. In 2018, we plan to open a new country office in Tunisia and expand our partnerships with Tunisian women’s rights organisations.
As Programme Officer you are responsible for the following main tasks: Supporting development and implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna Tunisia country programming;
- Providing support to partner organisations through the project cycle, including i.e. identifying new partners, review of applications, reporting and monitoring and evaluation;
- Making appropriate recommendations on the programme’s progress and further development as requested;
- Conducting general administration and financial procedures in relation to the programme and office;
- Supporting capacity building efforts and organising experience exchanges, study trips and networking meetings to enhance quality programming and implementation;
- Supporting drafting of various baseline documents, strategy documents and mappings of donors and stakeholders.
- Maintaining a contextual understanding of organisations and trends within the women’s rights movement within Tunisia and North Africa;
- Carrying out interpretation/translation work when needed (minor);
- Representing Kvinna till Kvinna at official meetings and functions;
- Performing all other tasks in relation to the operations as delegated by the Field Representative.
As Programme Officer you are part of the Programme Department and report to the Field Representative Tunis. The assignment will require some regional and international travel.
- Preferably master’s degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Political Science, Human Rights or any other related field;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience with women’s human rights, gender equality issues, women’s empowerment, women’s political activism and/or organisational development.
- In-depth experience in project cycle management and in planning, monitoring and evaluation, PME and proven experience of identifying and providing capacity building to local NGOs;
- Good understanding of human rights and the application of a rights-based approach in development cooperation;
- Strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in both Arabic, French and English as well as good grasp of excel and office package;
- Valid driving license.
- Experience conducting assessments and drafting reports;
- Experience from regional work;
- Knowledge of the donor landscape for North Africa and experience with fund raising;
- Strategic thinking;
- Responsible, flexible, adaptable;
- Ability to prioritize and stay solution-focused;
- Responsiveness, integrity, and ability to handle stressful situations and peaks of intense work load;
- Belief and commitment to women’s human rights and gender equality and acts as a good ambassador for the organisation even outside of work.
- Good social and outreach skills and ability to cooperate with a range of partners and offices.
Terms and conditions
Two-year national contract with possible extension. First three months will be a probation period. Start of assignment as soon as possible
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Send your application no later than 8 April 2018 to email@example.com. Please write Programme Officer Tunis in the subject line.
Do not hesitate to send your application early since interviews are held ongoing. The application shall include a letter of motivation, CV, and salary request. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- What do you find interesting in this position and what would be developing?
- Which of your experiences and knowledge would you use in this position?
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Ane Birk-Kamara, Field Representative North Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Mirjam Warne, Acting Head of HR, email@example.com.