Provision of Legal Services for Kvinna till Kvinna Office in Rwanda (permanent basis)
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation (hereinafter Kvinna till Kvinna) – an international non- governmental organisation registered in Rwanda – seeks tenders from qualified advocate or partnerships of advocates under Rwandan law to perform a broad range of legal services for Kvinna till Kvinna Office in Rwanda on a permanent basis, including with regards to employment policy, granting funding to Rwandan non-governmental organisations, taxation, and registration among others.
1. About Kvinna till Kvinna
Kvinna till Kvinna strengthens women’s rights organisations in conflict-affected regions since 1993. Currently, Kvinna till Kvinna supports over 100 partner organisations that work to empower women, build women’s leadership and organising, and address violence against women in 17 countries. Kvinna till Kvinna’s approach is based on long-term financial support, networking and organisational development through dialogue and capacity development for partner organisations.
2. Background to the assignment
Kvinna till Kvinna has been awarded funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) to implement a new programme – “Enhancing Women’s Rights Protection, Qualitative Participation and Freedom from Violence in Rwanda 2017-2019”. Within this framework, Kvinna till Kvinna is establishing its presence in Rwanda and has obtained registration from the Government of Rwanda to do so. In the framework if its establishment and to support its operations, Kvinna till Kvinna requires legal services to ensure all aspects of its operations comply with applicable law.
3. Objective of the assignment
The objective of the assignment is to ensure the compliance of Kvinna till Kvinna’s operations with the applicable law, by providing Kvinna till Kvinna with all legal services and advice, including:
- Streamlining Kvinna till Kvinna’s internal policies to align with applicable law;
- Providing legal assistance with respect to the procedures for Kvinna till Kvinna’s registration with the Rwandan authorities and conducting all procedures with regards to renewal of registration;
- Providing legal assistance with respect to the procedures for obtaining visa, issuance and renewal of residency and work permits for Kvinna till Kvinna’s one (1) expatriate employee and her/his dependents, if any;
- Negotiating and regularly reviewing agreements and contracts;
- Preforming legal due diligence;
- Provision of legal opinions regarding taxes related to Kvinna till Kvinna’s operations, as well as its one (1) expatriate employee’s taxes;
- Legal representation at all administrative, quasi-judicial and judicial fora and defend or prosecute all matters, civil or criminal, involving Kvinna till Kvinna when called upon;
- Any other legal services pertaining to the daily, regular, operations of an international non-governmental organization in Rwanda.
The timeframe for this assignment nine (9) month between 1 April 2017 – 31 December 2017 with possibility of annual extension, up to 31 December 2019.
5. Eligibility and Tender Submission
Kvinna till Kvinna is recruiting one (1) advocate or partnership of advocates, with demonstrated experience working with legal issues of international non-governmental organisations.
Interested parties should submit an application including:
- A technical offer, including:
- a statement of the understanding of the services required;
- a description of experience in the provision of similar services to international non-governmental organisations;
- a description of advocate or partnership’s specialisation and her/his/its human and material resources;
- the name and contact details of at least three (3) professional references from clients, preferably international non-governmental organisations; and
- copies of legal status of the partnership if relevant, registration with the authorities and Rwanda Bar Association, and law diplomas of the advocate or key advocates in the partnership;
- A financial proposal, preferably as a monthly rate or lump sum, specifying any conditions applicable to the rate (for example a maximum number of billable hours included). Failure to disclose such conditions at this stage may result in the disqualification of the tender at further stages.
Tenders must be sent to Kvinna till Kvinna no later than 24 March 2017, 17:00 Central African Time, by email to email@example.com, with subject line “Tender: Provision of Legal Services to Kvinna till Kvinna”.
Incomplete tenders or tenders received after the deadline will be automatically rejected. The contracted advocate or partnership cannot further subcontract the assignment.
For any questions, please contact Gaelle Cornuz, Programme Development Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.