North Africa Field Representative based in Amman
Since 2008, the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has supported women’s rights organizations in North Africa. Kvinna till Kvinna currently supports seven women’s organizations in North Africa as part of our regional MENA program. We are currently recruiting a new Field Representative with responsibility for Kvinna till Kvinna’s collaboration with women’s organizations in North Africa. The operations will be managed from Amman, although an office will be established in Tunis during 2018 and the support to organizations in North Africa will be administered from Tunisia. The position will be responsible for managing and developing operations in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s strategy and allocated appropriations for the region. As Field Representative, you will be representing the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation. The tasks include networking with relevant international and local organizations and institutions. Initially, you will be based in Amman until Kvinna till Kvinna has been registered in Tunisia, after which point the position will be relocated to Tunis.
As Field Representative, you will be responsible for ensuring that Kvinna till Kvinna’s activities in the region are carried out and developed in accordance with our business plan and working methods. The primary responsibilities will be to work and support our local partner organizations by networking and exchanging experiences within the region as well as with our other partner countries. This work requires close contact with existing and potential partner organizations, follow-up and dialogue with regard to their operations and development. Work tasks include reviewing applications and reports from partner organizations, conducting close follow-up visits at organizations, as well as planning and arranging seminars, courses, field trips, etc. to strengthen the capacity of partner organizations to facilitate changes in their societies/communities. As Field Representative, you will be involved in developing strategies and planning for field work, writing analytical operations reports and preparing new efforts and decommissions. The work also includes monitoring the external environment as well as information and advocacy work in close collaboration with Kvinna till Kvinna’s Communications Department in Stockholm, Sweden.
The position requires the ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with colleagues in the work team. The Field Representative is included in a larger regional team together with approximately fifteen employees located at the offices in Stockholm, Amman, Jerusalem, Beirut and Erbil. The Field Representative reports to the Deputy Regional Manager and is included in the Field Department managed by the Head of Development Cooperation.
The position will initially be based at Kvinna till Kvinna’s regional office in Amman and require approximately eight trips to North Africa per year as well as several additional trips within the region.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of knowledge within Development Cooperation Studies, Peace/Conflict Studies and/or Gender Studies
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience within international development cooperation or similar work areas, including project management, operations follow-up, performance reporting and budget management
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in a developing country, preferably North Africa or elsewhere in the Middle East
- Extensive knowledge of women’s rights
- Documented experience with rights-based work approach
- Very good English skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with administrative and financial tasks
- A valid driver’s license and good driving skills
- Knowledge of Arabic and French
- Previous experience working remotely, preferably with follow-up of remote project support
- Work or volunteer experience within civil society organizations
- Knowledge of project management methods (goal- and project management)
- Interest and experience working with communications
- Flexible and adaptable
- Sensitive and have the ability to manage stressful situations and peaks of intense workloads
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Interest in networking and outreach work
Terms and conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract (international development cooperation work), full-time until August 2019 with the possibility for an extension (up to five years). Commencement of the assignment is during August 2017. This position offers family placement. Kvinna till Kvinna has a collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, Unionen and Akademikerförbunden). Objective-driven work hours apply to this position. Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Otherwise, we strive for diversity.
Location: Amman, Jordan
Send your application to email@example.com no later than April 2nd, 2017. Your application should include a cover letter and CV in both Swedish and English, preferably in the same file. Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- What do you find interesting about this position and what would you find to be personally developing?
- Which personal experience and knowledge would you use in this position?
Please write North Africa Field Representative in the subject line.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the Regional Manager MENA Linda Thalayasingam Säll, +46 (0)8 588 891 55. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Manager Mirjam Warne, +46 (0)8 588 891 76.
Representatives for the local unions: Katarina Inkinen, Akademikerförbunden, +46 (0)8-588 891 54 and Anna Sundén, Unionen, +46 (0)8-588 891 65.