National Finance Officer Beirut, Lebanon
Kvinna till Kvinna is recruiting a Finance Officer based in Beirut.
Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the MENA region since 2001 with a regional office in Amman, Jordan. The operational capacity supports some 50 women’s organizations in the entire region.
For further information please visit: www.kvinnatillkvinna.se/en
The Finance Officer reports to the Head of Office Beirut.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- Financial Management: Manage office budget, Payments & ensure internal control system is functional;
- Grant Management: Manage financial reports from partners and ensure compliance with the grant agreement, enhance the financial management capacity of partner organizations across the region
- Audit Management: Manage the audit assignment;
- Administration: ensure up to date registration of Kvinna till Kvinna in the country, ensure safety, custody and maintenance of office, computer & accessories, furniture and equipment.
- Human Resource Management support
Education and qualifications
- Full accounting professional qualification – Chartered/Certified Accountant (CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification;
- Minimum of 5 years of practical and educational experience mainly accounting, Human resource & office administration;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a international, multicultural non-government organisation and handling donor funds.
Essential Skills Required
- In depth knowledge of accounting, book keeping, and high financial analytical skills;
- High integrity to be able to handle cash and cash related transactions, and to take anti-corruption measurements;
- Excellent written and oral communication in both Arabic and English;
Terms and conditions
Type of Contract: Temporary consultant assignment (one-year, full-time) with possibility for extension, starting mid/end of October 2017.
Work location: Beirut
The position is open for residents of Lebanon. Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Your application shall include a letter of motivation and CV, salary request and three references to email@example.com no later than August 25th 2017. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- What do you find interesting in this position?
- How can your previous experience and knowledge benefit this position?
For more information please read Job Description below. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact the Regional Manager MENA, Linda Säll, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description of National Finance Officer Beirut, Lebanon
The Finance officer (FO) is part of the field department of the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation (KTK), based at the office in Badaro, Beirut. The FO will carry out her work in Lebanon and in the region, through regular communication with finance and administrative staff at Lebanon office, partner organisations and other relevant stakeholders.
Purpose of the role
The position is responsible for applying accounting procedures to program structures, cycles, and the need in respect of Kvinna till Kvinna.
All KTK employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- Compile and manage office budget.
- Verify that vouchers and supporting documents meet ktk standards before payment.
- Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures; in accordance with KTK’s financial procedures and contract policies.
- Daily bookkeeping, utilizing the KTK X-ledger accounting system
- Prepare bank accounts and cashbox reconciliations.
- Ensure sufficient cash in the bank and in the cash boxes.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and send all relevant documents to country office
- Assist in the month-end accounting closing process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger and all supporting documentation
- Collaborate closely with Regional Finance Manager at Amman office and the controller at head office.
- Ensure filing of all financial documents according to KTK standards
- Ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place and that KTK’s accounting practices and standards are adhered to; as well as that the requirements from donors, auditors and authorities are fulfilled, especially in relation to purchasing, authentication and payment procedures
- Ensure internal control system is functional, to ensure that anti-corruption policy is implemented internally and externally.
- Conduct spot checks of partner organizations in accordance with monitoring plans
- Identify challenges and solutions identified associated to Lebanon office financial management.
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Supervise, train and develop financial staff
- Participate in field budgets preparation.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Quality assure budgets from partners and ensure these comply with the Programme handbook requirements;
- Quality assure the financial reports from partners and ensure compliance with the grant agreement and the guiding documents of KTK
- Receive and assess audited financial statements including management letter from partners and ensure compliance with the guiding documents of KTK;
- Follow up on issues raised by auditors in the management letter from partners to ensure resolution;
- Ensure disbursement confirmation, financial reports, completed assessment tools and audited financial statements are managed per the requirements of KTK;
- Enhance the financial management and administration capacity of partner organizations;
- Provide guidance to the programme staff on donor regulations and follow up that the donor requirements are met.
- Procure audit services in accordance with procurement policy and procedures;
- Manage the audit assignment;
- Submit reports in respect of management and statutory audits;
- Submit and archive audited financial statements as per the required deadlines.
- Ensure up to date registration of KTK in the country;
- Ensure that KTK assets registered, renewed and insured according to KTK policies and national regulations;
- Ensure operation of procurement system according to policy guidelines;
- Ensure proper financial and administrative preparations and follow up of KTK workshops;
- Ensure safety, custody and maintenance of office, computer & accessories, furniture and equipment;
- Ensure proper function of archive and documentation system;
- Ensure proper functioning of information and communication technology.
Human Resource Management Support
- Ensure up to date human resource records are maintained, including employment contracts, leave, and staff personal records, and archived in a secure matter;
- Ensure proper payroll administration and accounting, including prepare and submit monthly staff payroll;
- Ensure national staff benefits are managed according to the guidelines of KTK e.g. medical, staff insurance, pension, social security, travel insurance among others.
- Prepare travel advances and proper follow up;
To perform all other tasks in relation to the operations as delegated by Head of Office Beirut.
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field (Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Management) or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years of practical and educational experience as a Finance Officer mainly accounting, Human resource & office administration;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a international, multicultural non-government organisation and handling donor fund.
- Professional knowledge of auditing
- Kknowledge of accounting and book keeping and high financial analytical skills;
Essential Skills Required
- High integrity of handling cash and cash related transactions, and to take anti-corruption measures very seriously;
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and network communications
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle multi tasks at the same time;
- Excellent written and oral communication in both Arabic and English. Knowledge in French is an assets;
- Commitment to KTK values of promoting gender equity and diversity, and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of KTK’s work.
Preferred Skills Required
- High ability to produce and analyse reports;
- Ability to work independently whenever required
- Proactive and strong problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing ability to be able to accomplish tasks, file and retrieve information;
- Attention to details to be able to scrutinize financial and other information documents before decision making;
- Readiness to drive in Biuret and outside the capital, as well as travel in the region when needed.
The FO makes decisions in dialogue with the Head of Office Beirut within the framework of the approved operational plan and budget.
The FO reports to the Head of Office Beirut