Field Representative Regional Syria Programme, based in Beirut
Kvinna till Kvinna is recruiting a Field Representative for our regional programme for Syria coordinated from Beirut, Lebanon.
Kvinna till Kvinna and its operations
Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organisation that supports women’s organising in conflict-affected/ post conflict contexts with the aim to advance women’s rights and promote sustainable peace. It does so by strengthening and supporting women’s rights organisations (organisational, thematical and economical). Kvinna till Kvinna is organised around three departments – Programme/Field, Communication, and Support. Through its Headquarter in Stockholm and 11 country offices, it supports more than 100 women’s rights organisations in five different regions (Western Balkans, South Caucasus, Middle East and North Africa, West and Central Africa).
Kvinna till Kvinna started its operations in the MENA region in Jerusalem in 2001 and are today working in eight countries throughout the region. Kvinna till Kvinna has worked in Lebanon since 2007 and with the regional Syria programme, supporting women from Syria in the MENA region since 2014.
The work includes responsibility for ensuring that Kvinna till Kvinna’s Syria program is carried out and developed in accordance with our business plan and working methods. The primary responsibilities will be to work and support our local partner organizations by networking and exchanging experiences within the region as well as with our other partner countries. This work requires close contact with existing and potential partner organizations, follow-up and dialogue with regard to their operations and development. Work tasks include reviewing applications and reports from partner organizations, conducting close follow-up visits at organizations, as well as planning and arranging seminars, courses, field trips, etc. to strengthen the capacity of partner organizations to facilitate changes in their societies/communities. As Field Representative, you will be involved in developing strategies and planning for field work, writing analytical operations reports and preparing new efforts and decommissions. The work also includes monitoring the external environment as well as information and advocacy work in close collaboration with Kvinna till Kvinna’s Communications Department in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Bachelor degree in Political science, Gender studies, International relations, Development studies or other relevant field;
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience, including documented experience in project management
- At least two years’ experience of development cooperation work in a complex, conflict or post-conflict context; preferably from the MENA region;
- Experience working in partnership with local women organisations or civil society actors with one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders;
- Experience in programme and project development, management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and learning, and strong analytical, strategic and operational planning skills, including experience in results based management and quality assurance;
- Solid computer skills and experience performing or overseeing administrative and finance-related tasks (financial follow-up);
- Fluent in English;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Interest in networking and outreach work
- Ability to handle stressful situation and peaks of intense workload, while keeping a healthy work/life balance;
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Swedish;
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Humanitarian Law;
- Familiarity with the Syrian crisis and response and the Syrian women’s rights environment;
- Experience of methods development and capacity-building, including remote monitoring;
- Familiarity with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate and working methods.
Terms and conditions of employment
Two years fixed-term contract (international development cooperation work), full-time until August 2019 with the possibility for an extension (up to five years). Commencement of the assignment is during August 2017. This position does not offer family placement.
Kvinna till Kvinna has collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, Unionen och Akademikerförbunden) and offers a competitive benefits package. Objective-driven work hours apply to this position. Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Otherwise, we strive for diversity.
We will continuously do candidate selections and interviews during the application period. Send your application no later than April 2nd, 2017, to email@example.com Please write Field Representative Regional Syria Programme in the subject line.
Your application shall include a letter of motivation and CV, in English, in the same file. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- What do you find interesting in this position and what would be developing?
- Which personal experience and knowledge would you use in this position?
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the Regional Manager Africa Linda Thalayasingam Säll , +46 (0)8 588 891 55. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Manager Mirjam Warne, +46 (0)8 588 891 76.
Representatives for the local unions: Katarina Inkinen, Akademikerförbunden, +46 (0)8-588 891 54 and Anna Sundén, Unionen, +46 (0)8-588 891 65.