Senior Programme Officer (Jordan)
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation, (KtK), in Amman invites applicants to the position of Senior Programme Officer. KtK supports women in times of conflict to increase women’s power and influence. KtK collaborates with women’s organisations that play an active part in peace and rebuilding processes. KtK supports the partner organisations in capacity building, financially, in addition to facilitating networking and advocacy. KtK supports more than 130 women’s organisations globally and we have worked in the Middle East since 2001. For further information please visit: www.kvinnatillkvinna.se/en
Work location: Amman, Jordan
Type of Contract: contract until March 31st 2018 with the possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.
The position is open for residents of Jordan. Please also note that due to the character of the work only women applicants will be considered.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible of the project cycle management of the Jordan programme operations;
- Providing continuous support to partner organisations, capacity building and organising experience exchanges, study trips and networking meetings to enhance quality programming and implementation;
- Preparing proposals and reports to donors, and making appropriate recommendations on the programme’s progress and further development;
- Providing methodological support to operations in the region;
Education and qualifications
- Preferably master’s degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Political Science, Human Rights, Conflict Studies or any other related field;
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience with women’s human rights, gender equality issues, women’s empowerment, women’s political activism and/or peace building.
Essential Skills Required
- In-depth experience in project cycle management and in planning, monitoring and evaluation, PME and proven experience of identifying and providing capacity building to local NGOs;
- Good understanding of human rights and the application of a rights-based approach in development cooperation;
- Strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English;
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, where you motivate why you are interested in this particular position and how you meet the qualifications of the position, CV, and salary request and three references to email@example.com no later than 24 of March 2017.
For more information please see attached/request the Job Description.