Regional Safety and Security Advisor
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation, (KtK), and IM Swedish Development Partner (IM) in Amman invites applicants to apply for the position of Regional Safety and Security Advisor (RSSA).
KtK supports women in times of conflict to increase women’s power and influence. KtK collaborates with women’s organisations that play an active part in peace and rebuilding processes. KtK supports the partner organisations in capacity building, financially, in addition to facilitating networking and advocacy. KtK supports more than 130 women’s organisations globally and we have worked in the Middle East since 2001. For further information please visit: www.kvinnatillkvinna.se/en
IM is a development organisation fighting and exposing poverty and exclusion operating in five regions worldwide. The organisation was founded in 1938 to defend human dignity, as a reaction against the fascist ideologies, hatred and violence that spread in Europe at the time. IM promotes the development of a strong and democratic civil society by collaborating with partner organisations. IM has been working in the Middle East since the late 1960s in the area of intellectual disability. At present IM Middle East works with partners in Jordan, Palestine and Lebanon in the areas of disability and women’s rights. A regional office was established in Amman in 2014 and there are country offices in Amman and Ramallah.
Work location: Amman
Type of Contract: 1 year contract with the possibility of extension. Start date: as soon as possible.
The position is open for residents of Jordan and/or passport holders of third country. We strongly encourage and welcome female applicants.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the management teams of the regional offices of KtK and IM on strategic security issues;
- Continually monitor and analyse the country and regional security situation in areas of KtK and IM’s offices and/or operations;
- Provide support and advice to regional management teams on the development of security procedures and plans for each country and ensure that these are up to required standards and up to date;
- Maintain close contact with all relevant stakeholders to develop a network and build relationships with key actors, including NGOs, INGOs, INSO, UN and government agencies, in order to obtain reliable security information;
- Manage the KtK and IM regional security incident data base and share information about incidents with appropriate staff and other relevant actors, such as INGOs and the UN.
- Facilitate learning and development as well as exchange experiences at all levels;
Education and qualifications
- University diploma/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Security Management, Political Science, International Relations, or another relevant field;
- 3-5 years of experience in NGO field security operations and knowledge of INGO security management approaches and practices
- Expertise on the general regional security context and trends as well as a good understanding of the most volatile areas in the region
- Experience in developing security related technical tools, guidelines and systems
- Experience from including human rights and gender perspectives in security management
- Strong analytical skills on security analysis and conflict sensitivity
- Demonstrated high-level communication skills and proficiency (written and spoken) in Arabic and English. Knowledge in Kurdish and French are assets
- Ability and willingness to travel between countries in the Middle East and work in crisis contexts
- Proven ability to remain calm, focused and organised and to deliver results on time when under pressure and with rapidly changing circumstances.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter where you explain why you are interested in this position and how you meet the qualifications of the position, CV, and salary request, and three references to: email@example.com no later than April 17, 2017.
For more information please see the Job Description.