National Programme Officer, Beirut, Lebanon
Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the MENA region since 2001 with a regional office in Amman, Jordan. The operational capacity supports some 50 women’s organizations in the entire region.
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to recruit a Program Officer to provide support to the regional programme for Middle East. The position is based in Beirut.
As Programme Officer you are responsible for the following main tasks, variety of independence is depending on the seniority:
- Providing continuous support to partner organisations through the project cycle, including i.a identifying new partners, review of applications, reporting and monitoring and evaluation
- Support capacity building efforts and organising experience exchanges, study trips and networking meetings to enhance quality programming and implementation;
- Preparing proposals and reports to donors, and making appropriate recommendations on the programme’s progress and further development;
- Providing methodological support to operations in the region;
- Representing Kvinna till Kvinna at official meetings and functions.
As Programme Officer you are part of the Field Department and report to the Field Representative. The assignment requires several regional and international trips per year.
- Preferably master’s degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Political Science, Human Rights, Conflict Studies or any other related field;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience with women’s human rights, gender equality issues, women’s empowerment, women’s political activism and/or peace building.
- In-depth experience in project cycle management and in planning, monitoring and evaluation, PME and proven experience of identifying and providing capacity building to local NGOs;
- Good understanding of human rights and the application of a rights-based approach in development cooperation;
- Strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English as well as good grasp of excel and database management.
- Experience from working abroad;
- Experience of working in/or knowledge of the region;
- Experience of women’s rights work, voluntary or professionally; and
- Driving license
- Strategic thinking;
- Responsible, flexible and adaptable;
- Ability to prioritize and delegate and staying solution-focused;
- Engagement and interest in peace and conflict-resolution, and women’s rights;
- Responsiveness, integrity, and ability to handle stressful situation and peaks of intense work load;
- Belief and commitment to human rights and gender equality and acts as a good ambassador for the organisation even outside of work.
- Interest in work that is social, of networking and outreach character.
Terms and conditions
Temporary consultant assignment (one-year, full-time) with possibility for extension. Start of assignment as soon as possible.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Send your application no later than 22 March 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- What do you find interesting in this position and what would be developing?
- Which of your experiences and knowledge would you use in this position?
Please write Programme Officer Beirut in the subject line.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Sara Lindvall, field representative MENA, email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Mirjam Warne, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.