Head of Office Beirut
Kvinna till Kvinna is recruiting a Head of Office responsible for its operations and programmes supported from Beirut, Lebanon.
Kvinna till Kvinna and its operations
Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organisation that supports women’s organising in conflict-affected/ post conflict contexts with the aim to advance women’s rights and promote sustainable peace. It does so by strengthening and supporting women’s rights organisations (organisational, thematical and economical). Kvinna till Kvinna is organised around three departments – Programme/Field, Communication, and Support. Through its Headquarter in Stockholm and 11 country offices, it supports more than 100 women’s rights organisations in five different regions (Western Balkans, South Caucasus, Middle East and North Africa, West and Central Africa).
Kvinna till Kvinna started its operations in the MENA region in Jerusalem in 2001 and are today working in eight countries throughout the region. Kvinna till Kvinna has worked in Lebanon since 2007 and seven partner organisations. In addition to supporting Lebanese organizations, Kvinna till Kvinna has a regional Syria programme, supporting women from Syria in the MENA region. Kvinna till Kvinna has been present in the country since 2014 and are in the registration process. The Head of office will be responsible for programmes and staff in Lebanon, and oversee the implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna programme activities.
The Head of Office reports to the Regional Manager MENA, who will be based at the regional office in Amman from August 2017.
As Head of Office you have the overall responsibility to develop and ensure the implementation of programmes in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements with donors and partner organisations.
You hold managerial, administrative, and financial responsibility, including for the management of the overall country budget. You supervise the work of the Beirut office employees.
Additionally, you are Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative in the country. This also entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and national stakeholders, and developing and maintaining partnerships, first and foremost with women’s rights organisations.
The assignment requires several international trips per year including to attend management meetings.
- Bachelor degree in Political science, Gender studies, International relations, Development studies or other relevant field;
- Minimum eight years of work experience, including at least two in a managerial position with responsibilities over at least 3-6 staff and a medium-sized budget;
- Solid experience of development cooperation work in a complex, conflict or post-conflict context; preferably from the MENA region;
- Experience working in partnership with local women organisations or civil society actors with one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders;
- Experience in programme and project development, management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and learning, and strong analytical, strategic and operational planning skills, including experience in results based management and quality assurance;
- Experience as responsible for the safety of an organisation and its staff;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Solid computer skills and experience performing or overseeing administrative and finance-related tasks (financial follow-up);
- Fluent in English;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, leader with the ability to motivate others;
- Strategic, goal-orientated with the ability to prioritise and delegate;
- Responsible, flexible and adaptable;
- Engaged and interested in women’s rights;
- Ability to handle stressful situation and peaks of intense workload, while keeping a healthy work/life balance;
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Humanitarian Law;
- Familiarity with the Syrian crisis and response and the Syrian women’s rights environment;
- Master degree in Political science, Gender studies, International relations, Development studies or other relevant field from a recognized university;
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Swedish;
- Experience of methods development and capacity-building;
- Familiarity with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate and working methods.
Terms and conditions of employment
Two years fulltime contract (international development cooperation assignment) with possibility of extension (up to five years pending on funding).
Kvinna till Kvinna has collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, Unionen och Akademikerförbunden) and offers a competitive benefits package.
Start of employment in August, 2017.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
We will continuously do candidate selections and interviews during the application period. Send your application no later than March 31, 2017, to email@example.com Please write Head of Office Beirut in the subject line.
Your application shall include a letter of motivation and CV, in English, in the same file. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- What do you find interesting in this position and what would be developing?
- Which of your experiences and knowledge would you use in this position?
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the Regional Manager MENA Linda Thalayasingam Säll , +46 (0)8 588 891 55. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Manager Mirjam Warne, +46 (0)8 588 891 76.
Representatives for the local unions: Katarina Inkinen, Akademikerförbunden, +46 (0)8-588 891 54 and Anna Sundén, Unionen, +46 (0)8-588 891 65.