Finance Officer, Amman
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation, (KtK), in Amman invites applicants to the position of Finance Officer (FO). KtK supports women in times of conflict to increase women’s power and influence. KtK collaborates with women’s organisations that play an active part in peace and rebuilding processes. KtK supports the partner organisations in capacity building and financially, in addition to facilitating networking and advocacy. KtK supports more than 130 women’s organisations globally and we have worked in the Middle East since 2001. For further information please visit: www.kvinnatillkvinna.se/en
Work location: Amman
Type of Contract: contract until March 31st 2018 with the possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.
The position is open for residents of Jordan. Please also note that due to the character of the work only women applicants will be considered.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- Financial Management: manage office budget, ensure internal control system is functional; Ensure internal control system is functional, including making sure the anti-corruption policy is implemented internally and externally;
- Grant Management: quality assure budgets and financial reports from partners and ensure compliance with the grant agreement, enhance the financial management capacity of partner organisations;
- Audit Management: support the audit assignment;
- Administration: ensure safety, custody and maintenance of office, computer & accessories, furniture and equipment. Ensure proper financial and administrative preparations and follow up of KtK workshops; Ensure proper functioning of information and communication technology.
- Human Resource Administration: Ensure up to date human resource records are maintained, including employment contracts, leave, and staff personal records, and archived in a secure matter; Ensure proper payroll administration and accounting, including prepare and submit monthly staff payrol;
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field (Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Management) or other relevant field;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a busy, preferably international, multicultural non government organisation and handling donor funds.
Essential Skills Required
- In depth knowledge of accounting, book keeping, and high financial analytical skills;
- High integrity to be able to handle cash and cash related transactions, and to take anti-corruption measures very seriously;
- Excellent written and oral communication in both Arabic and English (knowledge in Kurdish and French are assets)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision whilst also operating well as a team-player in a decentralised organisation;
- Readiness to drive in Amman and outside the capital, as well as travel in the region when needed;
- Commitment to KtK values of promoting gender equity and diversity, and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of KtK’s work.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, where you motivate why you are interested in this particular position and how you meet the qualifications of the position, CV, and salary request and three references to email@example.com no later than 17 of April. For more information please see the Job Description.